Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Trying to calm down

We are going through a tough transition. L really hates being on bed rest. She lies down and sleeps when I am out -- as soon as I get home, she jumps up and starts "doing." So we have sit-com style conversations:
L: "Oh you're here. I can walk the dog."
Me: "Nooo (irritated) I can walk the dog."
L: "Well, I can make some dinner."
Me: "Nooo (more irritated) I can make some dinner."
L: "Well, while you make dinner, I'll go out and get some firewood to start a fire."
Me: "You're driving me bananas, woman. Lie down on the couch and watch the g**d**n inaugural parade and let me take care of this stuff."
L: "But I feel so useless!" (sniffles)
Me: "You're not useless, you're taking care of three infant babies! So please go do that."
None of these conversations end too happily. But in general we are trying to hang in there.
Like all else in life, this is merely transitional. See quote from Samuel Johnson below....

No comments: