Monday, February 16, 2009

Explaining the gap

We haven't posted in several days.

For Luciana, the excuse is that she is hugely pregnant and lying in bed in the hospital. They don't let her get upright that often, so her typing access is limited.

For me, the excuse is that I arranged for Verizon to install their FIOS system last week. The very good-natured technician came to the house as agreed, and Marina helped cover the situation so he could be here for 6 hours, drilling holes in the house and running wires. When he left, the internet was on (so was the TV and the phone but I don't care about those things). But then, after he left, the internet was turned off.

Somewhere inside the infinite system, someone flipped a switch or marked a radio button and my order was "unbundled" and my internet order was cancelled.

Seven phone calls later -- even Marina couldn't straighten it out -- I got hold of Robert today, and Robert figured it out and turned the internet on. We are back on line.

So I can gabble like this!

No comments: