Monday, February 16, 2009

who cares?

Some call, some come over. Some invite my husband to a nice family dinner. Some stop to ask about my huge belly and when the babies will come. Some stop by after delivering newspapers before down. Some stay awake and check on my blood pressure at 4 a.m, just because it was a bit higher than normal at night. Some stop at a closing store and pick the best bargain for the babies, knowing that I can't enjoy shopping for a while. Some offer to bring a car seat a relative doesn't need anymore. Some offer to put our names on the sharing book at church, so more people will keep us in their thoughts and prayers. Some knit a blanket, some open old boxes and find two generation old baby garments. Some organize a brunch, invites a few others and they all together move my office downstairs and create a nest for the babies. Some bake me a cake, some witness my husband learning how to cry for no apparent reason. Some draw me blood with delicate hands, some tame the agonizing pain throbbing on my husband's face. Some leave much more interestings activities to be with us, eating Chinese food out of plastic cups during a family visit to the hospital. Some use their vacation time to spend hours watching TV, sitting near my bed. Some email, some write cards, some paint funny boards telling me to be pacient and wait for Nature's calendar to operate its miracles. Some pray for us an entire rosary. some take away the dinner's tray without letting me awake from a pain-relieveing, light sleep.

I try not to feel too scared of all this care - so it stays in my heart as an affirmation of goodness (mine and others') for a long, long time.
(Luciana)

No comments: