Monday, February 16, 2009

Joys of capitalism

I'm just throwing down a quick post before jaunting off to the endotontist to get a root canal done. I kind of feel like Stan Laurel, whimpering and unhappy because of the pain in my tooth (number 31 for those dental types tuning in).

But I am just loving the American system right now. Somewhere in Framingham there is a highly trained dental professional with an office full of expensive equipment designed by experienced engineers and fabricated by sophisticated machinists. All these people have been working for years, for decades, perfecting their art, so that I, a nobody, can call up and make an appointment (and get one that day, if necessary).

I don't need to be handsome, or famous, or even pleasant. I just need to have insurance or a credit card and this life-saving service is available to me.

What a country!

No comments: